Re: F23 Arduino

thanks.  A couple questions below.

On 01/05/2016 08:23 PM, Peter Robinson wrote:
On Tue, Jan 5, 2016 at 9:53 PM, Robert Moskowitz <rgm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
This is on my pcDuino3 nano lite.  This board supposedly has arduino
features and can be controled with Arduino IDE.  I am using the tutorial I
found at:

http://www.linksprite.com/quick-start/

Where I got the pdf:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/pcduino/book/Introduction+to+pcDuino.pdf

In this pdf, they are using Arduino IDE 1.5.4 and showing to add the pcDuino
board.  The version of Arduino in F23 is 1.0.6 and it does not seem to be
able to add a board under tools.  So I enabled fedora-updates-testing and
upgraded to 1.6.4.

I go to open it, and nothing happens.  I have rebooted, and nothing happens.
I do not see anything in /var/log/messages.  I need so help to figure out
what is wrong here.
Robert, below is a fairly standard process, not just for Fedora but
any distro, for debugging a problem on an application:

1) Define what you mean by "nothing happens", does any thing appear at all?

Nothing visibly happens.

2) Run it from the command prompt to see if there's a segfault or some
other output indicating why

I am going to have to dig a bit to figure out what Xfce is running. I SHOULD be able to figure this one out myself.

3) Check bugzilla to see if anyone else has reported the problem [1]
3) If it crashes run it from gdb and gather a backtrace [2]

What is gbd and how do I run it from there. Or rather, point me to instructions about this, please.

4) Update the bug with relevant information if it exists or report a
bug [3] attaching the above information if not.

I knew once I found what was happening, I would more than likely be filing a bug report. But should really have realized to check there first.

thanks