Fedora ARM kernel config remarks / questions

Hi,

sunxi musb (otg) support should land in 4.3, this has made me take
a look at the Fedora ARM kernel config, esp. since the sunxi musb
code only works with CONFIG_MUSB_PIO_ONLY=y

One thing stands out here, config-armv7 has:

CONFIG_USB_TI_CPPI41_DMA=y

Where as config-armv7-generic has:

CONFIG_MUSB_PIO_ONLY=y

And these 2 are mutually exclusive ...

I started investigating this after seening a /boot/config-....
which had "# CONFIG_MUSB_PIO_ONLY is not set", but I cannot
find the kernel with that anymore, so this may be my memory
playing tricks with me.

Either way I believe that it would be good to remove the

CONFIG_USB_TI_CPPI41_DMA=y

From config-armv7, because we do not want that.

While on the subject of ARM kernel config, can we please have:

CONFIG_TOUCHSCREEN_CHIPONE_ICN8318=m
CONFIG_INPUT_AXP20X_PEK=m

Added to one of the armv7 config files (not sure which one is
appropriate), this enables support for a touchscreen found
on some tablets we support, resp. for getting input events
for power button presses on pretty much all Allwinner devices.

And last I wonder what the policy is for having things as
module vs builtin, e.g. on x86 usb controllers and the most
common storage controllers are builtin to speed boot-up,
sunxi certainly could benefit from building in CONFIG_MMC_SUNXI
and CONFIG_MMC_BLOCK, but as said I've no idea what the policy
is here.

Thanks & Regards,

Hans