Re: Wax on... wax off... polishing ARM for Fedora 22

I will give what little help I can...

On 02/27/2015 07:19 AM, Peter Robinson wrote:
Hi All,

The idea is for people to pick small items to improve and polish,
these don't have to be large time consuming complicated tasks.

I sent Paul a minor change in the installer script to support uboot to a different device than partitions (for uboot SD and sata drive). I will be testing this out. Once Hans has uboot working from NAND, I will see about a separate script that could be part of firstboot that would copy the uboot to NAND for future boots.

I've got a bunch of ideas that I'm working on and there's 100s of
improvements that can be made whether it be to various components of
devices, testing and improvements to packages or documentation there's
lots that can be done.

As the beta progresses, I should document what IS working on the boards I have. Plus warnings about things that can go wrong (like power; my bad).

So a couple of the idea I'm working on to give you some ideas:
* Wifi/Bluetooth support on the PandaBoard (yes, I've got a fix for
the kernel issues too I'll be pushing RSN once I've cleaned it up).
There's a package if someone would like to review it [1]

Lucky guy that you have WiFi/BT  :)  Yes Hans, I am patient.

* Testing and improving accelerated X as much as possible across as
many platforms as possible. EG fbturbo will help XFCE/Sugar etc on a
number of devices. Package review [2] is a beginning here. LOTs to
come.

If you tell us: install this rpm and run these tests, I will get on it. From [2], it seems that building the rpm is left to the tester. That I can't take on.

So what other ideas are there? Here's some random ideas:
* Documentation

How we get you board specifc documentation?

* Create an alsa UCM profile [3] for your device. See the alsa-ucm
package in F-22+ for some examples

Once I have audio available, I will look into this.

* Fix packages for OpenCL to build on ARM*, package the shamrock
OpenCL implementation [4]
* Test and document use of sensors on devices like the BeagleBone

Something I really need to learn about. I have wanted to get into sensor work for a while. Plus CANbus.

* Test and document the use of Capes/Hats with the new DT Overlays
(awaiting confirmation the configfs bits land in 4.0)
* Testing of media offload engines, packaging of associated tools/libraries.
* Help implement device pages in the wiki [5][6]

I looked at the Cubie pages, and don't get what you are asking.

* Lots of small kernels bits if you're interested in that :)

NOTE what this _IS_NOT_ is a place for people to dump this wish lists
unless they are actually going to pick up them up and implement :-)

You mean can't wish that the configurator was more realistic on password selections? :)

thanks for starting this thread.