Fedora-Xfce-armhfp-22-20150223-sda.raw.xz - Cubietruck

This time I did not use the serial console, wanting to see how the install progressed without it connected. I DO have the uartUSB connected, just not plugged into my notebook.

The boot started fine with the initial boot information appearing on the screen. Then nothing. I did not time how long it took until the graphical configurator appeared, but it was a while. Perhaps a couple minutes? It would be good to have some indication of progress; the uninitiated might think that nothing is working until finally a mouse pointer appears as the 1st indication that there is life after boot starts.

Standard experience with the configurator. It did not like my old strong passwords, but Fedora_Project123 worked to get past that blocker, and then changed with passwd after install.

Xfce came up as usual with no supprises there. With proper power, no USB problems.

This time I moved on to printing testing. I installed my HP8500 printer, using the HP port 9100. Started normal with opening up the firewall for 9100, and then waiting for software to be found. Got an error on 'success' notification, and could not find anything in journalctl for this. Tried again and the setup went successfully and test print worked.

Still having problems with enscript and duplex printing. I thought I submitted a bug report on this back in F21, but don't see it :(

I would duplex print Internet Drafts with:

enscript -2r --margins=:::45 -DDuplex:true -P HP8600 draft-moskowitz-sse-00.txt

this worked in F17 and F19. It stopped in F20. I will submit a bug on this. Unless someone knows of a nice tool to two-up/Duplex Internet Drafts...

I will continue to test things out. One goal is to have a working system to take down to my parents mid-May when I go visit them for their 70th wedding anniversary. To plug into their TV. Would need WiFi and BT kybd/mouse for that project...