Re: Fwd: Rawhide on MK802II A10

Thanks Hans
On 03/02/15 00:24, Hans de Goede wrote:
Hi,

On 31-01-15 05:57, Robert Brown wrote:

Hi all
With the valued help of Hans I have a MK802II booting Rawhide XFCE and
displaying on hdmi.

On boot-up from power-off the boot process stops early though and I have
to type boot to get it to resume. It does not seem to actually count
down. On a system reboot the process goes through without any problem
and the countdown to continue shows correctly.

Is there a setting or flag that can be set to get over this small issue?

The problem is that we do not know why your board is doing that, so we
also do not know how to fix it.
Is there likely to be something buried in the logs/journctl that I could search for?

A second question is to do with the detection of hdmi. I understand that
if the unit does not see a powered-up hdmi port the boot will stop. Is
there a way to get the system to ignore this check as I am hoping to
boot this one headless.

I think you've misunderstood how things work here,
very likely
u-boot will wait for
hdmi hpd (so cable detected) for 0.5 seconds to give some hdmi<->vga
dongles a time to wake-up, and then if there is no hdmi happily
continues without using a video console.
Ok thanks for clarifying.

Rob