Re: Each boot on my Cubietruck, and different MACaddr

Hi,

> On 09/09/2014 02:41 AM, Hans de Goede wrote:
>> Hi,

>>> Hans also told that there was a bunch of Cubie* with pre-production cpus
>>> which lacked serial number.
>> AFAIK only cubieboard2 and olinuxino-a20-micro suffer from this, the
>> cubietruck is fine. On machines with an all 0 sid this indeed does not
>> work.
>
> My SIX Cubieboard2 all are fine with a consistant MAC address.

Good, then later runs of the cubieboard2 have gotten a proper SID, that is good.

> My one Cubietruck keeps coming up with the unique MACaddr.  Exact opposite of what you are reporting.

Which version of Fedora are you running on your Cubietruck ?

With the respin images the kernel takes care of getting the MAC from the SID,
with the official F-21 images, u-boot needs to do this, and the u-boot included
is (not yet) new enough.

> Perhaps there is a rev difference in the shipped nand?  In all cases, I never did anything with the nand image, but went right to the SDcard image.  I just don't get how to do the nand poking to get something working from it.

The SID is in the SoC, it has nothing to do with the nand.

> Is there any test I can run on my CT?

You can dump the sid by hooking up a serial console, and then pressing a
key to interrupt u-boot, then do:

md 1c23800 4

To get the SID contents, see here for example SID-s :

http://linux-sunxi.org/SID_Register_Guide

If this is non-0 on your cubietruck, then you should get a consistent MAC
with the respin images, and you should be able to get a consistent MAC
with F-21 by building (and installing) u-boot from here:

http://git.denx.de/?p=u-boot.git;a=summary

Those are the official u-boot sources, and those now have everything needed
to run F-21. Note do not use this u-boot with the respin images, that does
not work (yet).

>  anyway to set the SID if it is zero?

Not that we know of.

Regards,