Re: Funding for creation of Fedora 20 Pandaboard spin

>>> Thank you Paul Whalen for spending some time on this. So it looks like
>>> the issue isn't with the kernel and I'm wondering whether our panda
>>> uboot has a compile option missing to do with DT support that we've
>>> got on other platform uboots that we build. Anyone with any experience
>>> can give some ideas in this regard?
>>>
>>> For some of the newer boards with the different memory options I would
>>> think (well from my experience with one of my ES devices) you would at
>>> least see part of the boot process before the kernel locks up.
>>
>> To follow up on this you'll likely want uboot 2014.01 from rawhide [1]
>> for the boards with the newer RAM as it has the patch [2] to support
>> it in uboot (no idea if there's anything needed for the kernel.
>>
>> I think the last thing we need to ascertain and fix is why we can't
>> boot the panda using FDT as a separate argument vs appended to the
>> kernel. If anyone has any ideas about this (I believe it's missing
>> from the upstream uboot) or even better patches it would be great if
>> you could speak up any time soon ;-)
>
> Might be a memory collision, what address are you guys using for
> default loadaddress/ftdaddress.
>
> For reference, I've been using:
>
> loadaddr="0x80300000"
> fdtaddr="0x815f0000"
> initrdaddr="0x81600000"

That is my suspicion,

load 0x80300000
initrd 0x81600000
fdt 0x89300000

But the above work fine on both Beagle xM and BBBlack using the same
kernel/initd so I would have thought, although would be happily
corrected, that it would be similar across the devices with the same
components.

Peter