Re: Funding for creation of Fedora 20 Pandaboard spin

Hi Gordan,

Sorry for not replying sooner!

In the case of the Pandaboard ES B3, there is no known kernel able to boot the board.

In the case of the A6, the upstream kernel is believed to support the board with a very recent version of uboot. However, recently one of our contractors (*not* an expert on ARM kernel & boot issues) was unable to find any Linux distribution that could boot on it.

Therefore, I would say that:

- In principle, all that is needed is to build a working kernel RPM, build a working boot loader, and package them together with a F20 arm7hfp rootfs.
- In practice, the evidence suggests that there may be some non-trivial issues to overcome.

On our Pandaboard A3s running F20, we carry one kernel patch: we patch the board file to enable the spidev driver for the OMAP4's MCSPI1 controller.

Best wishes,

Peter