Re: system with FXS port

On 01/17/2014 10:07 AM, Omalley_s wrote:
The mirabox and d3 both have mini pci slots, but I don't think either are supported by fedora. Getting it to work might not be that bad depending on what they did with the bootloader.

I am guessing that if you have a kernel driver for your pci card for x86, it should be able to be compiled into the arm kernel without a lot of fuss.

I would love one to try.

I was reminded that with spandsp, you can get a v32modem to function as an fxs port.  Of course this puts the burden for i/o handling on your cpu.  Use to do this lots of years ago, and really forgot those days.  You do have to watch out for how disk i/o could interupt the modem handling.

I am hoping with a duo-core arm, like the cubie2 or truck and a smallish SSD drive (what do I need for storage anyway?), I can get this working with a usb modem.  Will also test out the cisco SPA-112 which is supose to have all the functionality I need.

This is now slotted as a feb/mar project.

thanks all for the advice.  Though a 'real' fxs for an arm board would be the makings of a real home pbx solution.