Re: Building a kernel for the Chromebook...

On 02/27/2013 02:48 PM, Jon wrote:
> Regarding the exynos kernel srpm, i am working on that as time permits.
> Still not sure how to handle the install of the kernel from the rpm. I guess for now let the user manually sign & pack with vboot-utils. The location of the chromium boot partition is unpredictable. Maybe setup a file in /etc/sysconfig/ with parameters.

The approach suggested at FUDcon2013 in Lawrence was have a version of uboot signed with vboot-utils and use that to boot up the actual kernel.  uboot doesn't change nearly as fast as the kernel do and this will make the install process more like the other arm installations for the kernel.

> Vboot-utils should be accepted soon once my sponsor reviews the package BZ.

I am looking forward to an official version of vboot-utils.

> Agree with ain't broke don't fix. :-P

Yes, a finite amount of time and an infinite queue of things to do.  Some things get pushed to the back of the queue. :)

-Will