Re: Documentation for getting started with the ARM SIG

On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 02:41:47PM -0500, Jared K. Smith wrote:
> One of the things I brought up at FUDCon this past week was the idea
> of writing some documentation to help people get up to speed in the
> Fedora ARM efforts -- a secret decoder ring, if you will, of things
> they'll need to know to be successful.
>
> In an effort to help kick off that documentation, I've written up a
> quick outline.  Nothing is carved in stone yet -- it's just a simple
> outline of the things I personally would like to see covered.  I'm not
> going to write it all myself (both because I don't have the requisite
> knowledge, and I want to give others a chance to help out), but I'm
> more than willing to help get the documentation into DocBook for the
> Fedora Docs team to publish if people will help me flesh it out.
>
> I'll paste the working outline below, but let me point out that this
> is supposed to be a living document, so I've put it on an Etherpad
> instance so that people can add/move/edit at will while we're figuring
> things out.  The link to the Etherpad instance is
> http://piratepad.net/L1jH2TLCBO
>
> So tell me -- what would you like to see covered that isn't in the
> outline already?  Is there a section you'd be willing to adopt and
> help finish?  Please let me know...

I definitely volunteer to be a test subject for helping make sure it's
clear to those who're new to ARM. :) I can give feedback on what is
understandable and what requires references and all...

--
Darryl L. Pierce <mcpierce@xxxxxxxxx>
http://mcpierce.multiply.com/