Re: Status on Cubie/All Winner A10

On 01/10/2013 03:46 AM, Hans de Goede wrote:
Hi,

On 01/10/2013 10:24 AM, Peter Robinson wrote:
On Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 8:57 AM, Hans de Goede <hdegoede@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

On 01/10/2013 04:55 AM, Daniel Veillard wrote:

    Hi everybody,

following some problems with the Raspi, I have been looking at the
Cubie as a possible replacement for my own project. I saw Hans mails
about adding support in December and wondered what the status is
currently. Anything I could try/test/debug when I have time ?

I'm still working on this. After fixing a use-after-free bug in
the sunxi kernel tree cgroup code (caused by an android specific patch), I now have a pretty stable and working setup. I hope to be able to publish Fedora-18 A10 images in a couple of days. As said I've everything ready, I "just" need to write a compose script so that I can create reproducable
images, and provide easy instructions for others to reproduce my work.

So hopefully I'll have something ready in a couple of days ...

I suggest using the ARM installer stuff that dmarlin has been working
on, with that you should be able to use a kickstart and live media
creator. It would be good to get some feedback on the process too.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Architectures/ARM/Installer

I'm sorry, but the most work for the A10 stuff atm is building the kernel
+ gazillion different u-boot + spl + fex (A10 variant of devicetree info file)
files, after that I just take the panda images and drop everything in.

I think I've a good enough kernel build now (I had to fix the sunxi hdmi code
to teach it to talk to dvi monitors and to do EDID instead of a hardcoded
resolution, after that I hit a memory corruption bug ...), so now all I
really need is some shell scripts to be able to do reproducable kernel
+ uboot builds and then some more shell scripts to patch up a panda
image to become an a10 image.

I understand that patching the panda image is a hack and not a proper
compose, but just getting all the a10 stuff to work is enough work
without also adding real distro-composing into the picture.

Are you packaging the kernel as an RPM? If so, what kernel version are you basing on?

As mentioned before, Fu Wei has done some work on the A10 kernel as well, so maybe you could coordinate efforts.

Also, if you have the kernel package in a yum repository, we should be able to generate images relatively easily using livemedia-creator and a kickstart. The only 'trick' would be getting the U-Boot configuration set up correctly. I could help set up the kickstart file, if you provide the U-Boot configuration information, and would like to pursue that.

d.marlin
=======

Regardsm

Hans