Re: How to increase contributions from new members of the SIG?

On 01/03/2013 10:14 AM, Jared K. Smith wrote:
Are there "janitor level" tasks that folks can start on to get their
feet wet and start contributing?  Is there specific documentation that
needs to be written?  Tools that need to be tested?  Scripts that need
to be written?

Thanks for starting this thread! There are basically 3 things that we really need help with (off the top of my head):

1. Democratizing ARM support. Right now we have a relatively small set of supported targets in the ocean of ARM devices. The raspberry pi is one example where non-core contributors are making this unsupported platform viable, if only in remix format. The chromebook is the next stellar example. And the allwinner-a10 devices. We need to make the Fedora ARM tent bigger, if it means remixes due to upstream issues. As kernels are unified and drivers are sent upstream the effort that goes into these remixes can then be made mainstream in Fedora.

2. New architecture bootstrap support. We'll be in a position where many hands make light work in aarch64 soon. Likewise, Seneca is proceeding with armv6hl, perhaps they could use a hand?

3. Anything that advances ARM's promotion to Primary Architecture status. As a reminder, the FESCo guidance for this is at:

https://fedoraproject.org/w/index.php?title=Secondary_Architecture_Promotion_Requirements

Item #10 is is great need of attention: We really need to merge as much as possible with the main Fedora wiki pages.

--
Brendan Conoboy / Red Hat, Inc. / blc@xxxxxxxxxx