Re: Working on Fedora-arm "port" for Allwinner A10 based devices

Hi,

On 12/20/2012 06:46 PM, Chris Tyler wrote:
Hi Hans,

This sounds really cool. We just received two cubieboards yesterday, and
got a Gooseberry from Spot a few weeks back, but we have no experienced
with the A10 SoC yet.

So summarizing I'm looking for suggestions for:
1) Where to host Fedora-18 images for A10 based devices

If you don't have enough space on fedorapeople, you're welcome to post
an image up on scotland.proximity.on.ca (same host as the other
FedoraARM images) - just send me your ssh public key.

Thanks, that is an excellent offer. I'll send a private mail with my
public ssh-key.

2) How to deal with having board-specific u-boot + fex file
without multiplying the number of images.

I like your plan of a single image that the user can tweak for various
boards.

I'm happy to hear that people like this idea :)

Question: Do you know of any good python modules or C libraries for
using the interfaces on A10 devices such as the Cubieboard -- i.e., I2C,
SPI, gpio?

i2c and spi should be the same as on the pi, as they will be using the standard
kernel interfaces. gpio should be the same too, but first someone needs to
get gpio sysfs working on the A10, this could be something simple, I
haven't looked into this yet...

My priorities for now are:

1) Get EDID over HDMI working (some boards have VGA too, but that is something
to worry about later)
2) Given the enthusiastic response to my little announcement get some images out
there for testing ASAP
3) Get sound over HDMI working (already works but requires manual configuration,
getting 1 done should make it possible to do this automatically...

Regards,

Hans