Re: e2fsprogs alignment

On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 5:09 PM, Gordan Bobic <gordan@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 2.6 kernels don't have fixups defaulting to on.

I think Chris was meaning that on Fedora released kernels we've had it
defaulted to on.

> And it's a lot more expensive.

I prefect expense over corrupted filesystems or other equally not nice
situations.

> Just because there is an expensive workaround doesn't mean it's not a bug. And arguably even with hardware fixup it's still a bug and appallingly bad practice.

I don't disagree but then the Fedora ARM SIG is not about development
and changes of e2fsprogs and if that is what you're wishing to discuss
here the discussion should likely be taken to the upstream e2fsprogs
list.

> Let's not sweep this under the carpet, especially in something as critical as e2fsprogs.

I'm not sure where you get the idea it's being swept under the carpet?
There's a means of mitigation of the problem that is available already
in the standard Fedora ARM kernels and has been for some time, and
most of the rest of the discussion should be happening in the
locations where it's better dealt with.

Peter