Re: Jared's long list of F15 builds

Jared K. Smith wrote:
> Over the past few days, I've been trying to dive in and help out in
> the F15 effort by resubmitting failed builds and helping to identify
> key packages that are failing to build.  I've posted my list of
> packages at http://openetherpad.org/Fedora-ARM-jsmith, and will try to
> keep it updated, at least in the short term.

udev
* RPM build errors

I've looked a bit at udev.  The offending file entries in the .spec file
are:

 # Deprecated, but keep the ownership
 %ghost %dir /var/lib/udev
     :
 %ghost %dir %{_sysconfdir}/udev/makedev.d/

I'm not sure why these cause problems (except maybe because they don't
exist in our rootfs), but I commented them out and did a local build and
it succeeded.  I then checked the latest F15 updates version of udev,
and the lines have been removed completely.  I did a local build on that
version (udev-167-6) and it also succeeded.

So I think we have two options, 1) create a modified .spec file without
those lines (with a '.arm1' release), or 2) use the newer version.

d.marlin
========