Re: Fedora 13 ARM Beta3 Release

Derek Atkins wrote:

>>> We are pleased to announce the release of Fedora 13 ARM Beta3. This
>>> release includes additional software not found in Beta2, most notably
>>> Abiword for your word processing needs. Unfortunately at this time we
>>> are not able to offer OpenOffice due to some issues with java packages (
>>> java experts we could use your help! ).
>> Considering that Java only accounts for a small amount of seldom used
>> functionality, I would suggest that building LibreOffice --without-java
>> is probably the way forward for the foreseeable future.
>
> Or we can just ignore it for F13 and worry about it for F14/15.
> Considering that F13 is almost EOLed upstream I'd rather see a
> less-complete F13 release and more work getting up-to-date with F14,
> F15, and updates.

Sadly, the later src.rpms also fail to build properly. IIRC, most fail
after about an hour. F15 actually does pretty well, it fails after 3 and
a bit days, so that's the one I'm hoping to put some effort into fixing.
But the later src.rpms get worse again. If we can get it working at all
on F13, it will make getting the later versions working at least more
tractable since hopefully the problems will be the same, or at least
similar.

Gordan