Re: video meeting to discuss Matrix/Element and IRC

On Wed, Nov 18, 2020, 12:22 PM Matthew Miller <mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
As mentioned, we're looking at moving the Fedora Council's main chat to
Matrix. And as part of that, we're considering a hosted Element server --
which obviously could go quite beyond just #fedora-council. Neal suggested a
video meeting to talk with interested people about this, and so I set up
this when-is-good

   http://whenisgood.net/k5brwbd

Anyone interested in a preliminary chat about all of this, please sign up
with your FAS id and availability. Nothing is sent in stone or decided
already, although I must say I'm pretty excited about Element's open source
software-as-a-service offering based on what I've heard from them so far.

Dumb question: if I, as an old man that likes to yell at clouds, wanted to log into a fedora focused matrix server/channel, is there a test instance or something?

What would you point people that have never used matrix before at so they can become familiar with this potentially scary new thing that isn't what they are used to?

josh