Re: We're planning to move Council discussions

Ar 11/10/20 7:18 PM, scríobh Kevin Fenzi:

I guess I can look at matrix again, but at the time (a year or two ago?)
the client was not great,
They've redone the official client, the old one was called Riot, the new one is called Element. There's many other clients too that are native like Quaternion, nheko (Qt), Spectral and Mirage (qml), and Fractal (GTK).
the android client kept sending back and forth
and ran my battery down quickly due to this polling.

Did you install it from f-droid? The f-droid one doesn't use Google play services so it needs that polling set up (which *any* client not using Google play services would need.) The Google Play client uses Google play and doesn't wear down your battery (I have used both and learned from experience.)

~m