Re: Fedora Council policy proposal: Community Publishing Platforms

Hi,

The work on the new Code of Conduct has been underway for some time. My predecessor, Bex, began this work 2 years ago[1]. As you can see, it is a long process. Although I do agree that there is some connection between the two documents, the new Code of Conduct does not need to block a policy for Community Publishing Platforms, as we do not know when the new CoC will be in place.

Let's proceed with this and if some small changes need to be made later on, that is something that can be done.

Best,

--

Marie Nordin

Fedora Community Action and Impact Coordinator

Red Hat Fedora Project

She/Her/Hers

T: +1.973.800.4967

IRC: riecatnor

On Tue, Sep 22, 2020 at 3:54 AM Daniel Pocock <daniel@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 21/09/2020 16:20, Ben Cotton wrote:

> Please use this thread for comment. There is a two-week community
> comment period after which time the Council will begin voting on the
> proposal.

Given that the proposal refers to the Code of Conduct and there is
currently a plan[1] to upgrade from a Code of Conduct to a Code of
Ethics, why are you rushing to do this Community Publishing Platforms
change in 2 weeks?

Would the Fedora Council simply put this on hold until after the Code of
Ethics is final?  Then there will be a better opportunity for the
community to discuss how the documents work together.

Regards,

Daniel

1.
https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/council-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/message/A6Z3R4W63KI6FPSXH33KXM7R6MDBYQY2/