Re: CPE Git Forge Decision

On Fri, Apr 3, 2020, 18:22 Adam Williamson <adamwill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, 2020-04-03 at 13:18 -0400, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 03, 2020 at 01:04:33PM -0400, Ben Cotton wrote:
> > For what it's worth, when I sent the list I included a reminder that
> > FOSS is always our strong preference where viable. It was a mistake to
> > not leave that in as a user story. I own that. I did that because of
>
> Eh, I remember it somewhat differently. I don't think that _it is our strong
> preference and very important to our community that this be open source_ is
> a _functional_ requirement, and doesn't really fit as a user story. So we
> pulled that out and emphasized it separately rather than leaving it as one
> among many in the list.

Can Leigh comment on whether this was then considered in the decision
process based on the summarized user stories, or was it lost?

We read it and like the wording implied it was a strong preference. It was not a requirement and it did not bind our decision not did emotive discussions or other comments, we dealt with the requirements at hand. It will certainly influence our decision to opt for Gitlab CE for the Fedora preference to stay open source.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey