Re: A Big Idea for a New Decade [was: Minutes for CentOS Board of Directors 2019-12-18 Meeting]

I'll admit that I've never quite understood the market for Fedora
Server (I am running Fedora on a server at home, but it's really a KDE
desktop masquerading as a server). I am definitely in favor of working
toward having CentOS Stream stand in for Fedora Server. I think it
better fits the use case we're targeting and reduces some of the
confusion.

For the other points, I agree in general, but I wonder how it would
work in practice. If the CentOS Llama SIG and the Fedora Llama SIG
merge, they'll still have to follow Fedora's rules for their Fedora
output and CentOS's rules for their CentOS output (assuming they
decide it makes sense to have output in both places. If they say
"llama herding is too fast-moving to need a long-term OS", for
example, they can ditch the CentOS output and then it doesn't matter.)
This shouldn't be taken as me being opposed, because I do think we
should take advantage of the synergy where it exists, but I also
wonder how much of it actually exists beyond the basic infrastructure
level.

--
Ben Cotton
He / Him / His