Re: Council hackfest in late CY2019

Ben and I were talking today.  While it doesn't directly solve our
issues now, we came around to an idea (still fresh) of having council
hacks occur in March and at Flock.  We can skip the dates that don't
have decent agendas easily, but this way it is a known point to build
toward, if needed.

WDYT?

regards,

bex

On Thu, Jul 25, 2019 at 8:31 PM Dennis Gilmore <dennis@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 24, 2019 at 2:00 PM Matthew Miller <mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, Jul 24, 2019 at 12:11:01PM -0400, Ben Cotton wrote:
> > > Early December seemed to work well last time. So perhaps the first or
> > > second week of December might work again? Alternatively, I suspect
> > > many of us will be at DevConf.cz and then FOSDEM, so a central Europe
> > > location between those two weekends might work well. Even though it's
> > > in calendar 2020, it's still in the same fiscal year (FY2020).
>
> As Bex mentioned  between these two events is usually very hectic. I
> would suggest the week after FOSDEM as the two weeks before tend to be
> chaotic for many.
>
> > Early December works for me.
> >
> > > The F31 elections, based on the current schedule will end on 6
> > > December. This means we could potentially be holding the meeting as
> > > Dennis's term on the Council ends if we do a December meeting.
> >
> > That's kind of unfortunate timing. Ideally at that point we'd have the newly
> > elected person in position, but that'd mean last-minute travel. Of course,
> > if Dennis wins re-election, that simplifies everything!
>
> As I am not planning to re run I have to make things complicated.
>
> Dennis

Brian "bex" Exelbierd (he/him/his)
Fedora Community Action & Impact Coordinator
@bexelbie | http://www.winglemeyer.org
bexelbie@xxxxxxxxxx | bex@xxxxxxxxx