freedesktop.org post on trouble with mailing lists on the modern internet

This is worth consideration as we think about communication strategies going
forward: https://lwn.net/Articles/779661/

A quote from the middle of thie post:

"Ultimately, I suspect the best solution is to move most of our discussions
to dedicated fora like GitLab issues, or something like Discourse.
Fundamentally, the thing we're trying to do (send email to thousands of
people at a time using a fake From address) is ... kind of the opposite of
what the 2019 Internet wants us to do. Every few months the major providers
drop more of our mail as they become more aggressive with spam, and every
few months their userbase increases by a non-trivial amount."

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>