Re: Fedora Project and the IBM's acquisition of Redhat

Le mar. 30 oct. 2018 à 07:35, Jhoanir Torres <jhoanir@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :
Dear Council,

What is your opinion about IBM movement?

How can this affect to Fedora Project?

Finally, could you please, give a word for the global community.

Thanks in advance.
--
Jhoanir Torres
Fedora Ambassador

I'm not part of the council but as of today, nobody can give you a definite answer.
Not that we're not allowed to but rather because we don't know. I'm personally betting that IBM is genuinely embracing Red Hat open source development model, so all our community projects should continue their life as usual as they're fully part of of our production pipeline. Fedora or CentOS are critical to Red Hat success.
It is even likely that IBM may want to increase our investments in these projects. IBM is not Oracle, and have a positive track record with FOSS projects. For instance, they were instrumental in supporting the Apache Foundation.

So stay tuned, and hope for the best outcome.

Regards,
H.