Re: linking to external communities?

On Wed, Feb 14, 2018, at 6:45 PM, Radka Janekova wrote:
> Hi, this was my proposal a... long time ago, which I will work on further.
> Thinking about making user-outreach an Objective.
>

> Radka
>
> ------------------------------
> *Radka Janeková*
> .NET Engineer, Red Hat
> *radka.janek@xxxxxxxxxx <radka.janek@xxxxxxxxxx>*
> IRC: radka | Freenode: Rhea
>

> On Wed, Feb 14, 2018 at 6:18 PM, Greg DeKoenigsberg <
> greg.dekoenigsberg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Do eet
> >
> > On Feb 14, 2018 12:13 PM, "Matthew Miller" <mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> What do you all think about linking to Fedora Forum, Reddit, Telegram,
> >> etc. on https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_Project_Wiki?
> >>
> >> I was thinking of adding a few links to the "Looking for help?"
> >> section.

I am hugely in favor of this.  It sounds like everyone on this thread is also in favor.  This is a great first step and can be built on by the ideas Radka and others will have from the proposal she is working on.

Josh is absolutely right that we should have done this sooner and if we have a control fear we need to let it go.  I further see this as potentially starting great conversations about communications and where users and contributors congregate.

Matthew, do you need help editing the page?

Depending on how extensive you want to be, here is the list of Telegram groups maintained in the pinned message in @Fedora.

Chinese-speaking: @fedorazh
French-speaking: @fedora_fr
Spanish-speaking: @fedoraesp
Russian-speaking: @russianfedora
Albania: @FedoraAlbania
Brazil: @fedorabr
Czech Republic: @mojefedora
Germany / Austria / Switzerland: @fedoradach
India: @fedoraindia
Indonesia: @FedoraID
Italy: @fedoraita
Latin / South America: @fedoralatam
Mexico: @fedoramexico
Portugal: @fedoraportugal
Fedora Brazilian Portuguese localization: @Fedora_L10n_pt_BR
Fedora packagers: @fedorapackager

As this is a wiki-edit locked page, so I think we should just use the council issue queue to add any additional communities.

The list above may warrant creating a second page that lists the known community meeting points ...

regards,

bex