Elections suggestion: Questionnaires and nominations

Hello all,

Now that the elections are closer, I had questions to add to the
questionnaire, but the period is already over; I propose combining
questionnaire / nomination periods and making the campaign and voting
periods separate for future elections.

I had specific questions to add for Mindshare since Mindshare is
discussed more often now and some people in the community are likely now
learning about it for the first time.

This led me to believe that the way the election cycles are structured
now might put off people from participating inadvertently. If I'm
somewhat current on what's happening and feel this way, I believe it's
likely others who aren't as current may face the same experience.

My proposal for a new cycle is:

1. Questionnaire / nomination period: 3 weeks
2. Campaign period: 2 weeks
3. Voting period: 2 weeks

Before formalizing this as a ticket, I wanted to bring it up for
discussion on the mailing list. Does the separation of the nomination /
campaign period make sense? Is it something worth trying?

Thanks for your time!

--
Cheers,
Justin W. Flory