Re: [Fedocal] Reminder meeting : Council (Tickets and Ongoing)

On Tue, Jul 25, 2017 at 10:00:32PM +0200, Robert Mayr wrote:
> I think there is not much more to discuss. Seems I am the only one
> with real concerns about Freedom, and there isn't any opening to
> apply a slight change to the proposal, which would solve that. It is
> just sad I tried to find a good compromise, while this was not the
> case from the other side.

I think everyone on the council has concerns about Freedom — I
certainly do, and Bex raised some in the ticket as well.

There's also definitely an opening to make a slight change — or even
big changes. However, I don't think for the use case here that asking
users to drop to the terminal and run an install command is really a
slight change. But, I *think* you were proposing that change based on
an understanding that the proposal would allow non-free search results
by default. That's not what's being proposed, though. See the further
clarification in the ticket — even if the repo metadata is installed in
Workstation by default, nothing will search or show it unless the user
explicitly opts in. Isn't that the result you were wanting?

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>