Flock 2017 Bidding

Hi,

We need to start the Flock 2017 bidding process.  I am going to send the
following email to the flock-planning list and post an announcement on
the Comm Blog on Monday.  I'd appreciate any input you all have on the
email (from which I will draw the blog post) and the wiki page (see
inline).

Thank you.

regards,

bex

-------8x-------
It is time to start the bid process for this year's Flock.  This year we
are back in North America for Flock 2017.

If you'd like to help host the event in your city, it's time to start
putting together a bid.  To find out what you need to do, read the wiki
page:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Flock_bid_process

Bids are due by February 28, 2017, so do not wait to start.  It takes
more time than you may realize to compile all of the required
information for a good bid.

Along those lines, keep in mind that committing to help plan a
conference is a lot of work and shouldn't be approached lightly. It's a
big time commitment, and as the local contact, you're critical to the
success of the event.

Flock has been held successfully on college campuses and in hotels.  We
need to make sure that the space will both work for the conference and
be affordable.  Details are on the wiki page.

Feel free to let me know if you have any other questions or need help
getting your bid together.

Thanks!

regards,

Brian "bex" Exelbierd