Re: [council] #61: Fedora Packaging Guidelines: Weak Dependencies on packages from third-party repos

#61: Fedora Packaging Guidelines: Weak Dependencies on packages from third-party
repos
-------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  maxamillion  |       Owner:

Comment (by jwboyer):

 For the sake of argument, are we going to ignore that different third
 party repositories may package a piece of software differently?  We cannot
 do anything about it, but making a blind assumption that Recommends:
 ffmpeg would lead to everything working seems a bit careless.

 If we aren't ignoring it, then it means we need to vet which third party
 repositories package it correctly and make sure we have coordinated
 efforts with them.  Which is a very large rathole.

--
Ticket URL: <https://fedorahosted.org/council/ticket/61#comment:3>
council <https://fedorahosted.org/council>