Re: Donations in GNOME Software

On Thu, May 12, 2016 at 14:16:57 +0100,
 Richard Hughes <hughsient@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The options we have are basically:

* Disable all support for paid applications and donations from the UI
completely
* Enable the "Donate" button that takes you to the upstream-defined
donation link (e.g. GIMP -> https://www.gimp.org/donating/)
* Hijack the donate button to take people to
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Contribute or something more beautiful

I don't like hijacking the donate button.

As long as the donation button isn't used to nag people, but is just there to let people easily support projects they like, that seems like a good feature to me.

We should probably have some disclaimer for all of the foreign software, whether it is free of cost, accepts voluntary donations or costs money, that it is from outside Fedora and hence is not supported, nor does Fedora get a cut of any payments.