Re: Fedora Design Team FAD Proposal for July 2016

On Wed, Mar 16, 2016 at 8:03 AM, Máirín Duffy <duffy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I can check about intended Flock attendance. We originally were thinking about a date a couple weeks before Flock because we wanted part of the FAD to be working on last-minute print materials for Flock (eg the program.) We also chose the date because of potential attendees' availability at that time, and ended up thinking the proximity to Flock would save Fedora overall with APAC travel costs and travel time, since we have key contributors now located in APAC (e.g., Ryan's flight is much cheaper than it could have been since we're able to split a 3-pronged trip with another budget, and he and Sirko will spend less time in the air overall.)

OK.  If the participants are agreeable to that kind of travel then I'm
not going to object.  I'll just note that particularly for the
participants from APAC, that means they're doing *a lot* of traveling
in a really short amount of time to attend both the FAD and Flock.

In terms of budget, we don't have one yet.  Remy is working on it.  I
don't think the requests are unreasonable though.  Once we have a
budget for the year in place, we can figure out if and how to split it
between the FAD and Flock.

Thanks for fixing up the tables.  They are much clearer now.

josh