Re: proposed meeting schedule for upcoming months

On Fri, Feb 19, 2016 at 5:02 PM, Robert Mayr <robyduck@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> I'm assuming Monday at the same timeslot.
>>
>> Feb 22 -- Tickets and Ongoing
>> Feb 29 -- Open Floor (and Leap Day!)
>> Mar  7 -- Subproject Report (TBD)
>> Mar 14 -- Review of Council Objectives (University, Modularization)
>> Mar 21 -- Tickets and Ongoing
>> Mar 28 -- Open Floor
>> Apr  4 -- Subproject Report (TBD)
>> Apr 11 -- Open Floor
>> Apr 18 -- Tickets and Ongoing
>> Apr 25 -- Open Floor
>> May  2 -- Subproject Report (TBD)
>> (and probably on in an similar manner from there)
>>

>> Note that March 14 is right after the US switch to Daylight Saving
>> Time. Should we move our meeting with it? But, since the composition of
>> the council changes, it may be that the answer is different every time.
>>
>> And the topic I've penciled in for that day isn't necessarily something
>> to solve in a meeting, but I wanted to get it on the table -- let's
>> talk about before then. The University Involvement initiative was
>> slated for having results in the 2015-2016 academic year. And, you
>> know, best laid plans and all that. And, the modularization initiative
>> was specifically supposed to be in phases, and so that needs to be
>> refreshed too. AND, there might be other things we might want to add.
>> (Fedora Hubs, maybe?)
>>
>> For the subproject reports, what would people like to see? I'd be kind
>> of interested in seeing a demo of the state o xdg-app in Workstation,
>> as I know there's talk of having a prototype ostree-based workstation
>> with xdg-app as a F25 feature. Possibly we could have a report from
>> FAMSCo/FOSCo as that does (or doesn't?) get back up off the ground.
>> What else?
>>
>> Also note that we should have a budget session, some point after the
>> budget actually drops. Probably will take over one of the Open Floors
>> for that.
>>
>> --
>> Matthew Miller
>> <mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> Fedora Project Leader
>>
>> http://lists.fedoraproject.org/admin/lists/council-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>
>> The Fedora Project's mission is to lead the advancement of free and
>> open source software and content as a collaborative community.
>

> Personally I'd prefer to switch to DST, not sure what others think about the
> meeting time.

I would personally prefer to switch to CET :-)
For a personal reason, I am not available from 5PM to 7PM CET. Except
this time frame I am more-less flexible.

> I like the plan for the next meetings, and I'm strongly in favor of having a
> session about Fedora Hubs. Actually there is no real plan with time steps to
> get Hubs done, and this doesn't help IMHO. There are so many useful things
> contributors will be able to get through hubs, we should in some way elevate
> this project to one of the primary priorities for 2016.

+1
The Fedora Hubs project seems to be quite important and I think it
should get more attention. Also some planning and coordination of this
project will be IMO essential to have.

Regards,
Jan

> Also, a FAmSCo/FOSCo report could be useful, some tasks are going to be done
> together (i.e. budgeting) and one of the main goals of FAmSCo is to get
> FOSCo working ASAP. Would be nice to coordinate actions and share ideas.
>
> --
> Robert Mayr
> (robyduck)

> The Fedora Project's mission is to lead the advancement of free and
> open source software and content as a collaborative community.

--
Jan Kuřík
Platform & Fedora Program Manager