Re: [council] #47: Elections Nov/Dec 2015

On Thu, Nov 26, 2015 at 4:15 AM, council <trac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> #47: Elections Nov/Dec 2015
> ---------------------+-----------------------
>  Reporter:  jkurik   |       Owner:  jkurik@…
>
> Comment (by jkurik):
>
>  A nominee who applied late for FAmSCo nominees has been removed from the
>  list.
>  * [https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FAmSCo_nominations The FAmSCo nominee
>  list]

The last time this deadline was missed it was missed by three
candidates for FESCo (ajax, pjones, mjg59). FESCo and the Fedora Board
considered the relative merits of sticking to the deadline, which had
been enforced twice previously, and overlooking the deadline and
decided to allow these three candidates to run for FESCo despite
missing the nomination deadline.

While I was very much opposed at the time to that decision, now we
should be consistent in our application of rules to ALL members of our
community. Please reconsider this and allow Giannis Konstantinidis the
opportunity to contribute to FAmSCo by participating in this election.

John