Re: meeting today -- agenda items, anyone?

All of these items below certainly don't need to be agenda items, but here are my updates for the past week. I def think Conferences warrants an Agenda item, with updates for FLOCK/OSCON being mentionable.

Is there anyone else who has anything to report on?
--RemyD.

=== decause report ===

FLOCK Updates:
   - Parlayed with local vendor to price out single/multi-color Tshirt prints (174 registrants currently)
   - Same vendor willing to do banners as well (Quotes in-line below)
   - After-hours FUD-Pub Venue reconnaissance conducted, high probability we'll get private event at Vertex Nightclub Wed or Thurs night (must coordinate with Ruth/others)
   - Ran confab with Rochester Local Usergroup/Meetup organizers. Secured 6 interested parties for community sponsorship:
      - InterlockROC - Local hacker/maker space - http://interlockroc.org
      - Ada Space, inclusive all-female hackerspace
      - FOSS@MAGIC - http://foss.rit.edu
      - E-nable project - http://enablingthefuture.org/
      - Rochester Python Meetup - http://meetup.com/Rochester-Python-Meetup
      - Hacks/HackersROC (w/ Rochester NPR Affiliate WXXI)
   - Added local businesses and organizations to FLOCK Sponsorship Outreach list
   - Will spend some more time on Sponsorship now that rhtsummit>
   - FLOCK Tshirt designs are coming along
   - FLOCK Badge Designs will follow shortly thereafter

Conferences
   - OSCON
      - Registered for OSCON & Community Leadership Summit and booked travel
      - Will rep Fedora at both events (7/18-7/24)
   - AllThingsOpen
      - Will likely get comp'd reg as part of OSDC
      - Will inquire about Fedora Booth
   - FUDCon Cordoba
      - Registered on Wiki
      - Will book travel later in the summer
   - Software Freedom Day Rochester
      - Locked-in Fedora booth
      - Will be listed as sponsor

Fedora University Outreach
   - RIT Hired new Adjunct Professor to Teach HFOSS Course
   - RIT Still looking for additional Adjunct to teach Advanced course
   - Conducted first Orientation/Training with new Professor on course infrastructure and tools (Github/Openshift/etc)
   - Will be participating/sponsoring Software Freedom Day Rochester 2015 at RIT in September
   - Possible September visit to Virginia University with Nick Yeates from RHT University Outreach
   - Keeping an eye on #rcos at RPI, in anticipation of news from there soon.

CommOps Toolbox:
   - FedoraHubs
      - Now with import-all-the-fas-users script!
      - Article published in FedoraMagazine last week (5TFTW)
   - Posted Tools Announcement to Planet (see: http://decausemaker.org/posts/commops-toolbox.html)
   - Worked with threebean to create a "daily briefing" template. Work in progress, but can be used for daily +/- on various fedmsg topics.

CommOps Updates:
   - Added details to wiki page for further discussion/coordination: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/CommOps
   - Created #fedora-commops as a place to gather interested folks and coordinate regular meetings
   - Updated IRC infrastructure with Fedora-infra team (threebean) who is helping me follow protocol
   - Working with FranciscoD on Collateral issues from last week. Wiki here: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Ankursinha/Marketing_Collateral_Ideas

RHT Updates
   - Will be presenting high-level Fedora slide-deck in the near future (Wednesday?) to OSAS on an all-company call
   - Will share with council-discuss when completed

- 13 oz banners sized 2’ x 3’ printed full color  are based on the 6 square ft used x10.50 sq ft + art digitized for the printed to read, just $20.00 if vector art provided, grommets 1.00@

-4” x 6” banners would need to be art that can be die cut.   My vinyl printer tops out at 30”. You would be looking at $10.00/sq ft for 2 mil die cut vinyl on the 13 oz banner material. because of the hems, a 4’ x6’ would end up begin 46” x 70”, add for grommets1.00@, and amendments like pole pockets add to the cost, too.

Remy DeCausemaker
<decause@xxxxxxxxxx>
Fedora Community Lead & Council Member
http://whatcanidoforfedora.org
308C A504 0B47 1503 C9D9  E670 E633 A79B 0BB0 F6D9