Re: Packaging FAD China 2015

On Tue, 2015-05-19 at 15:52 -0400, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Tue, May 19, 2015 at 03:43:46PM -0400, Tom Callaway wrote:
> > > Other council members, what're your thoughts on this one?
> > Not a council member,
>
> Thanks -- didn't mean that to be exclusive.
>

> >        but it would be good to ensure there are existing
> > packagers (possibly even sponsors) present for this.
>
> Of the of the people listed as going on the FAD page, at least Robin
> Lee has these packages:
> <https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/packager/cheeselee/>.
>
> Having a sponsor on hand does seem like it'd increase success.

I think Tom makes an excellent point. Without at least one sponsor or
at least provenpackager involved, I'm not sure this is going to be a
positive experience for the participants. If people go to this event
and cannot actually get their pet package added to Fedora as a result
of participating, then they're going to be soured on the process.

Now, an obvious follow-up question is whether we think there would be a
sufficient return on investment to send one of the sponsors to this FAD
(and whether to expend time and effort locating someone willing to go).

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/accounts/group/members/packager/*/spons
or is a list of the current sponsors, and of course we could email the sponsors list looking for volunteers (preferably
locally).