Re: council trademark approval in the change policy

On 05/13/2015 02:55 PM, Matthew Miller wrote:
As part of a FESCo and Spins SIG decision to reform the new spins
process, I added a section on trademark approval to:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Policy

It now says:

   If your Change may require trademark approval (for example, if it is
   a new Spin), file a ticket requesting trademark approval from the
   Fedora Council. This approval will be done via the Council's
   consensus-based process; if the request receives at least three
   positive votes and no negative votes within 14 days, it is considered
   approved.

14 days is rather long, but I figure since we're aiming for
ticket-based meetings every two weeks, that'll provide at least one
meeting where we can make sure it doesn't get missed and discuss if
necessary. Thoughts on this?

You might want to give yourself a few more fudge days. Just thinking if one meeting gets cancelled (eg Xmas holidays) you might have an ambiguous situation. Or maybe just reword that the approval will be considered within 1-2 council meetings (typically taking no more than 14 days)

~m