Re: A Modest FOSCo Proposal

On 04/27/2015 03:48 PM, Remy DeCausemaker wrote:
> After much thought and input from Fedorans since I've arrived
> officially, I finally present for your review a proposal on the future
> of FOSCo.
>
> tl;dr - Narrowly define FOSCo as a decision making body to handle
> budgetary requests from subprojects, and revive/revamp the Fedora
> Commarch Team.

Some thoughts:

* I wish this were on the wiki instead of a ODT. I'm aware of the
problems with the wiki, but this is something that might benefit from
easy edits.

* The Diversity Advisor is not a hire, AIUI, but a community position.
We might want to correct that in the document. The code of conduct &
diversity should probably be jointly owned/maintained by the Council and
FOSCo.

* FOSCo has been in discussion a while, but if my memory serves - one of
the points of FOSCo was to enable/enhance collaboration & communication
between the groups most engaged with outreach.

That part could use more detail. I think it's partially addressed by the
Comarch idea, but not quite as much as I'd hope.

Should we spell out explicitly the goals for FOSCo/Comarch, and how
we'll know if they succeed (or failed)? I note you addressed metrics
here, which is good, but more as an output for other efforts.

Best,

jzb
--
Joe Brockmeier | Principal Cloud & Storage Analyst
jzb@xxxxxxxxxx | http://community.redhat.com/