Re: long-term unimportant but important-now question on elected seats

On 3 October 2014 11:24, Matthew Miller <mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
So, we've got two elected seats to fill in the new body. As written, these
will be one-year terms, and I haven't heard any objections to that or
alternate proposals.

Additionally, I didn't write this in the draft, but I think it would be nice
if the terms were staggered — since we have two elections a year as part of
the overall process (for FESCo and FAmSCo seatst), I think it makes sense to
for one seat to be open at each. I could be swayed into the idea that having
only one "onboarding" period a year is less disruptive, though.

Either way, how do we want to fill them initially? A new election? For both
seats with one for a full term and the runner-up for a half term? For one
seat with the current board selecting one member to remain until the next
election for continuity?

I think election for 1 seat with it known that the runner up gets the second seat. The standard method of voting doesn't work well for this (as it is really meant for single seat/multiple candidates) but I believe it has been used for this by us in the past like that for other groups.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Stephen J Smoogen.