Re: representative council roles [was Re: [board] #9: board vote on reorganization proposals]

On 09/11/2014 07:39 AM, Jaroslav Reznik wrote:
> <snip>

> And as written above, this touches quite a lot of the coordination part, I'm as PGM trying to do (and should try harder!), so I offer FPGM help to cover it/do the umbrella for the council, meetings services for free :). This could actually lead to recognize FPGM as formal member within Fedora governance.

A big +1 from me here. Jaroslav (and his predecessors in the position) do an extraordinary job of keeping track of what's going on in Fedora.  Besides being well informed and capable, he'll know who to bring in for incidental things.  IMO, not giving the FPGM an active role in these discussions would be like cutting off your own foot, and then shooting it.

(Not that I think he'd be ignored without an official position on the council, of course)

--
-- Pete Travis
 - Fedora Docs Project Leader