Re: What is success for Fedora?

Hi Matthew,

On 07/01/2014 04:39 PM, Matthew Miller wrote:
We need both, and, crucially, we need them to be interconnected. We have a
very high-level goal in our mission "to lead the advancement of free and
open source software and content as a collaborative community."

"Creating a Linux distribution" is noticeably missing from this mission, and
we certainly could spend some time revisiting that if there's enough
interest, but I'm content to read "to lead" as "create a Linux distribution
which leads". If we're fine with that collectively, cool, but we certainly
can go back to that level if people think it would be productive.

I can explain this, either having been on the board at the time or pulled into to consult with the board from a process pov -

=================

The Vision Statement

Our ultimate vision for the future that we'd like to achieve. (https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Vision_statement)

The Fedora Project creates a world where

    free culture is welcoming and widespread,
    collaboration is commonplace, and
    people control their content and devices.

The Mission

At a high level, what we will do to achieve our vision. (https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Overview)

Our Objectives

Specific projects we work on in support of our mission. #1 on the list is "Creating a Free (as in Freedom) distribution" (https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Objectives)