Re: What is success for Fedora?

To me any definition of success needs to be tied to popular adoption of the
products we make, any measure of success that doesn't take that into account
becomes to me a version of congratulating yourself for having achieved
freedom of speech by putting yourself in a situation where there is
nobody around to listen to what you have to say.

So if we for instance define long term success as having a 50%+ marketshare
among our target audiences, then I think a per release success criteria would
be that each product release sees a significant userbase bump. how we define
significant and how we measure the growth is of course another question, but
I am sure that if we agree that this is a good way to do it then I am sure we
can find some indicators to use for measurement and decide on ambitious but
realistic goal for each release.

We should and can of course have other goals beyond this, like promoting freedom,
but freedom like free speech, are only meaningful terms in a social context.

Christian