Re: [Fedora Board issue tracker] #182: GNOME 3.12 pushes Google and other commercial, non-FOSS "apps" at users

On 04/10/2014 10:52 AM, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
 From the peanut gallery, my main concern is selection and curation. Let
us say that we throw the "do these programs represent Fedora values" out
the window as being old fashioned or just too hard to judge. Who gets to
decide which is on this list and what criteria is being used?

Indeed (and agreed), especially now that I'm a peanut gallery member too. :)

This is why I've been advocating that getting answers to these questions is an important prerequisite before considering allowing the (default) display of 3rd-party items in software center.

-- Rex