Re: Fedora Board IRC Meeting

----- Original Message -----

To make this less TBD... agenda is as follows:

1) Does the Board agree with FESCo's determination around third party
 repositories:
 https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Third_Party_Repository_Policy

 2a) Do Fedora's foundations allow for any ease of use around non-free
 software?

 We seem to have several people that think they don't, yet we have wiki
 pages explicitly describing how to install non-free software (
 https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Flash). We also have a page that points to
 3rd party repositories that contain a wide variety of software of both
 free and non-free nature (
 https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Third_party_repositories), which has been
 approved yet seems at odds.

 2a.1) If the foundations don't allow for this use does the Board want to
 change the foundations so that we could search for non-free software to
 install.

 2b) If ease of use around non-free software is possible, would the Board
 allow for repositories that contain specific and Fedora Legal approved
 software to be included in application search results as displayed by the
 mockup that was provided.

 2c) Is there any further messaging the Board views as required around non-
 free software that should be displayed in any tooling that is developed?