Re: Board/Project Governance

On 09/09/2013 02:51 PM, Bill Nottingham wrote:
The suggested composition of representatives from existing groups that all
have their own 'day jobs' in Fedora seems like an organization model that
optimizes for better focus around 'doing the things that we are doing', as
opposed to 'doing new things that we aren't doing'.

Well one might argue that the individual that is the representative for his service sub community in this group would be the one that was focusing on doing the new things or at least overseeing/delicate it to his community and others or everybody within that community would do the required work.

This is neither good nor bad - it's just a choice. Is there an idea that
something like the move to the multiple products that Matt Miller is
proposing would be more or less likely to come from this new sort of
organization?

I dont think the community has bought his idea yet or voted on it but at least as I see it, I think those representatives could be used to atleast oversee their relevant service sub-community work, so from my pov the answer to that question is yes.

JBG