Fedora Board Meeting reminder for today: IRC, 2013/08/15, 18:00 UTC

Hi folks,

A reminder that there is a Board IRC meeting today (Thursday, 2013/08/15)

What: Fedora Board Meeting (IRC)
Where: irc.freenode.net - #fedora-meeting-1
When: 18:00 UTC (2pm Eastern, 11am Pacific, 7pm London/BST, 8pm Paris/Brno/CEST)

Today's agenda is basically:

** Flock wrap-up. Specifically:

* Matt Miller's presentation on future architecture of Fedora (slides here: http://mattdm.org/fedora/next )
* Anticipation of an incoming proposal based upon that presentation, as discussed in https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2013-August/187711.html and in yesterday's FESCo meeting (https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2013-August/187722.html)

The specifics for us to discuss - addressing a more product-oriented approach, where "products" are designed for specific use-cases - is some of the focus of the meeting.  Although we don't have a proposal in hand at this point, we should be expecting something in the near future, and so if there are high-level concerns or praise about the general idea I believe that it would probably be useful to get those out there so that those thoughts can be taken into account in writing said proposal.  FESCo would generally like to know if we object to the idea (or agree with the high-level concept), and I'd like to give them an answer as soon as possible so that said proposals can be written (or drawing boards returned to).

** More generally: That discussion will take us right back to the target audience discussion, which would be good to resolve from the perspective of ensuring that - whatever the future architecture of Fedora the Product looks like, should that happen - it aligns with the defined audience, who, ideally, is interested in consuming the types of things that those in the community are interested in producing.

Because I have seen meetings on these types of topics attract a lot of participation, and sometimes quickly become disorganized due to high volume of discussion, I'd like to have non-board folks discussion in #fedora-board-public. We'll watch and address things as needed during the course of the meeting.

See you all there.

-Robyn