Re: Switching our default search engine.

On 05/23/2013 08:48 AM, Peter Robinson wrote:
On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 9:44 AM, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson"
<johannbg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I dont think anyone has missed Google's deprecation of various services like
code search,talk,reader, code download etc. and the move to personalized
searches, is not time for us to move to an alternative search engine like
duckduckgo as an default in our web browser and just be done with google
since it cant be trusted that the service it provides to our userbase will
not be there tomorrow,after a week an, an month,a year?

This was discussed a while ago on this list, have you read the
archives to get a history of the last discussion?

No I will look into the archives but I suspect since then Google has been deprecating a whole bunch of additional services it provided and probably implement personal search as well. ( which could be viewed as an addon to the discussion that has already taken place )

JBG