The Return of Board Meetings: Today, VERY SOON 17:00 UTC (1pm EDT, 10am PDT, 5pm GMT, 6pm CET)

Greetings,

Through changes, stolen laptops, amazingly conflicting schedules, and daylight savings changes, I'm happy to now bring back board meetings. On very short notice, for which I apologize, but there were a few last-minute "oh craps" - but at this point, we just need to plow ahead.

We're going to start back off today with probably light attendance (Europe folks are still offset from a regular meeting time by one hour for another week, not sure how that will conflict), and accordingly, a light agenda, as well as time for some community Q&A / discussion.

When: Tuesday, March 26, 2013, 17:00 UTC (10am PDT, 1pm EDT, 5pm GMT, 6pm CET)
Where: #fedora-meeting-1 (Time slot conflicts with Java-sig meeting)
Meeting Secretary: Robyn

Agenda:
* Welcome (back)
* Reminders about updating board page bios
* Attempted re-negotiation regarding next week's time
* Format for these meetings going forward
* Community Q&A, open floor, whatever you'd like to call it. :)

Just to do some levelsetting real quicklike:

The tentative plan at this time is to move to a predominantly IRC meeting setup for the board, with perhaps 3 weeks of IRC / 1 week of phone, or to simply ad-hoc phone as needed for special situations. Given the situation at the moment - where we literally had one time slot that even remotely worked - this slot is a space where some folks could only attend via IRC and not via phone for the foreseeable future. I'm pretty sure there will be few complaints about this. :)

Additionally - I think we'd do well to figure out how to have more participation from folks not on the board - so if you, reader of this mail, have any ideas or thoughts, please bring them! This could range from "inviting team members to talk about their Fedora team/sig" or "sign up to present/talk on a topic of your choosing" or "designate topics ahead of time" ... or bring your own fun idea.