Re: Community Working Group status?

On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 01:32:11PM -0600, Kevin Fenzi wrote:

> I'd like to propose that it be dissolved and folks are asked instead to
> take interpersonal conflicts to a Board ticket (if they have exhausted
> the process in
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Community_working_group/CoC_Enforcement )
>
> Thoughts?

Taking off my board member hat for a moment, I think that there's a very
real benefit to having a group of moderators who are not on the Fedora Board
who can work to mediate conflicts.  Two reasons I see are:

* There are times I'd like mediation where one of the parties is the Board
  itself.  This necessitates a third party that is not the Board.
* Criteria for selecting and electing Board members is not driven solely by
  the question of how good they are at moderating discussions, helping other
  people reach compromises, and stay neutral in cases of conflicts.  Staying
  neutral is an opposite trait from the Board's role in making decisions
  when there is a failed agreed upon action.

So if the current CWG members would like to disband, I would like to see
a new group of moderators formed.  If no one else steps up, perhaps I can
work on that after I leave the Board (although, I'll still be on the FPC
which has its own share of issues that would benefit from an outside
moderator from time to time).

-Toshio