Re: Fedora naming proposal

On 31 July 2012 10:06, Jon Ciesla <limburgher@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> On Tue, 2012-07-31 at 10:35 -0500, Jon Ciesla wrote:
>>> That makes sense, but *please* no alliteration, for aforementioned reasons.
>>
>> Some ideas to differentiate:
>>
>> - Adverbs instead of adjectives
>
> Interesting.
>
>> - Rhymes instead of alliteration
>
> I like it, but difficult to do with many elements.  The only thing I
> can think of that rhymes with oxygen is doxygen.

doesn't xen rhyme with oxygen? Or is oxygen like orange

In any case, the issue is that elements are trademarked left and
right. Planets, mythology, astronomy are trademarked left and right.
Which brings up the question.. when does trying to avoid trademark
problems take longer and more work than it takes to have something
fun? Especially when it is something so ethereal to only last a year
to 18 months?

--
Stephen J Smoogen.
"Don't derail a useful feature for the 99% because you're not in it."